We are witnessing big changes in technology everyday. One great example of technology advancement is online services. It has totally revamped how companies do business and how we make purchases as consumers. Online products and services have a lot of benefits and perks but they come with some disadvantages too. The main problem is that the online companies do not always realise that good customer service is the key to our success and to their profit.
There are some potential reasons which can make customers unhappy with online companies which include:
- Reacting first, listening second - It's a big mistake for an online company to ignore what a customer has to say. Disagreements with clients can also give your business a bad name.
- Not giving adequate attention to a client - Customers who feel neglected will never speak highly of your services.
- Overselling- Being too "salesy" shows customers that you care more about your commission rather than making them successful with what they have already purchased.
- Treating customers differently based on the size of the deal - When it comes to references, it won't matter how much money they have given your business.
- Being unresponsive - If you don't get back to them, don't expect any favours. Respect is a two-way street.
If you follow the above bad practices it is safe to say that your customers are only a mouse click away from going to your competitor. Every interaction you have with a client is a step towards a stable foundation to a successful and loyal working relationship. So when you ask "how to secure a glowing testimonial from my not-so-happy customer" you should know, it takes hard work, determination and dedication to make it happen.
In order to inspire you to focus on your customer service skills and policies we have have selected 10 quotes from various influencers who believe that good customer service can do wonders for your business.
- Make a customer, not a sale. ~ Katherine Barchetti
- You are serving a customer, not a life sentence. Learn how to enjoy your work. ~ Laurie McIntosh
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning. ~ Bill Gates
- Loyal customers, they don’t just come back, they don’t simply recommend you, they insist that their friends do business with you. ~ Chip Bell
- Dealing with people is probably the biggest problem you face, especially if you are in business. Yes, and that is also true if you are a housewife, architect or engineer. ~ Dale Carnegie
- We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It’s our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. ~ Jeff Bezos
- Every contact we have with a customer influences whether or not they’ll come back. We have to be great every time or we’ll lose them. ~ Kevin Stirtz
- Profit in business comes from repeat customers; customers that boast about your product and service, and that bring friends with them. ~ W. Edwards Deming
- Get closer than ever to your customers. So close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves. ~ Steve Jobs
- Customer service is not a department, it’s everyone’s job. ~Anonymous
Feeling inspired yet?